Review of Dog Training Books and Guides
There are many dog training books on the market, let alone the internet. I found the whole thing confusing and needed a book on how to find the right dog training book. Here we have reviewed a few of the top training guides for dogs. We have found that some books seem to be more informative than others and that’s why we have done this review. It seems that some dog training books rely on only one type or style of training and others integrate different types. I have assessed over ten of the most popular dog obedience books on these criteria: fixing any dog behavior problem, tips and secrets to use in your everyday dog obedience training, specific commands and tricks to teach your dog, the best way to select, buy and raise a new puppy or older dog. These are the things that new and old pet owners alike are looking for in a good dog training guide.
I read the books from beginning to end when I first download them. I then try and apply these tricks and tasks to my own dogs to see how user friendly and easy to follow they are.
This was the first dog training book that I reviewed and was definitely the best. The others paled in comparison for obedience training. I picked up a ton of useful and useable information right away. I have been training dogs for many years, and the approach taught in this guide was very similar to my own style. I was soon applying these dog training techniques outlined in this guide and have had great success with my own dogs. I have corrected the behavior problems in my dogs that I thought I was just going to have to live with. I can’t believe I actually learned so many new tips and techniques.
I was also excited by the money back guarantee that this book offers and the amount of testimonials offered by real people who believed enough in this book to leave their real names and photos. This book gets our highest recommendation here. If you are looking for the best, easiest to use dog training guide, do yourself a favor and check out Secrets to Dog Training.
Here are just a sample of the topics covered in this dog training guide:
- Need to stop your dog from trying to fight with other dogs? Learn the best ways to break up dog fights and prevent them from ever happening again.
- Want to know how to curb your dog’s aggressiveness? Learn six powerful strategies for training aggressive dogs.
- Did you know that your dog may not know why you are trying to correct him? Learn how to make him understand. This will remove the frustration and rapidly increase the speed of your dog's learning.
- All the secrets of professional dog trainers are revealed, and best of all are easy to apply! Stop wasting hundreds of dollars.
- Does your dog require urgent dog house training? Learn the dog house training techniques you must know that get the fastest results, whether you keep your dog indoors or outdoors.
- Sick of having your dog race out the front door? Read this guide and you’ll never have to worry about this again.
- Got a dominant dog? Learn how to deal with him.
- Separation anxiety getting you both down? Find out about the best ways to make it go away.
- Hate having your dog jump up on you? Learn six simple techniques to stop him jumping up on you ever again!
- Neighbors getting annoyed with your pet's constant barking? Maybe he doesn’t bark enough? Apply these advanced techniques so that your dog knows when and where it’s appropriate to bark.
- Dog Whispering is a new, amazing and totally humane training technique. Discover the secrets to making it work for you and your dog.
- What to do and look out for when there is more than one dog in the house! Having problems with the family cat being harassed? Learn an easy method to let your cat and dog live in harmony!
- Want to stop your dog eating his own, or other dogs' poop? The technical term for this is coprophagia. Learn to stop this nauseating behavior!
- Having trouble with your dog pulling on the leash? Find out how to stop this behavior in ten minutes or less with my sure-fire technique.
- Biting, nipping and mouthing problems can be embarrassing when you have your dog in public. Fix these dog behavior problems once and for all.
- Discover how to train your dog to learn any command. This book covers in specific detail with photos, many commands such as: Okay and No, Come (Recall), Hold and Leave , Sit, Sit and Stay, Down, Heel, Seek, Stand, Beg for food, Fetch, Catch food , Climb ladders, Shake hands, Crawl, Jump, Rollover and more!
- Things to consider when exercising or leaving your dog in the heat. Don’t cause him any more stress than you need to! Has your dog got sickness problems? Learn all you need to know about many illness concerns, including stomach gas problems, motion sickness ... and what you must know about selecting a vet for your dog!
- Learn powerful techniques to solve ANY dog behavior problem such as failsafe methods for dog house training (toilet training) (see the House Training bonus book), professional secrets to training an aggressive dog – no matter what the circumstances: digging, barking , worms , fleas , gas problems , fighting , destroying your stuff, and much, much more is covered in this comprehensive, easy to follow book.
As you can see, a wide range of topics is covered in this dog training book. All the topics are covered in very simple, easy to follow steps. Secrets to Dog Training is simply the best dog training guide we could find.
This guide was a five part program. There are books and also audio to listen to. It was an alright read and listen, but left me with many questions and did not really address some of the common obedience techniques I am familiar with. There definitely is a lot of material in this course, but I found it hard to follow. I was having a hard time following the basic training descriptions and actions.
The one thing I did appreciate about this course was that it got into a lot of the history and psychology of dogs. I don’t know how much value this actually has on training a dog, but I found it interesting. Those just looking to train their dog in the shortest amount of time my find this time wasting.
This would have been a better course had they stuck to the basics. Some of the information is good but not enough to say it was the best. I would say this guide would be best for someone actually looking to become a professional dog trainer, not just training their own personal dogs. I would say that it’s a relatively close second behind Secrets to Dog Training, but still is a good dog training book.
This book was a good clicker training book but what it lacks again are the basic obedience skills training. I was disappointed in the lengthy and fancy tricks that the author passes off as the only way to train. This is a book for dogs that are already familiar with clicker training. The book also went into the scientific reasons and explanations that didn’t really help with the training part. The book does offer some very good information on this one type of training.
Personally, I like to use clicker training at times, but not as the sole means for training a dog. I would recommend this book only as a supplement to one of the other guides. This book gives great information on clicker training, but lacks in the overall training department. Still, of all the books I reviewed, I would say that I would rate it third behind Secrets to Dog Training.
There you have it. The top three dog training guides we have found. Any of these three will be a great aid to you in training your dog, but if you are looking for the best, all you need to know is Secrets to Dog Training.
A cat sees about 6 times better than a human at night, and needs 1/6 the amount of of light that a human does.