Dog Obedience Training
Dog obedience training will help you and your pet be happier with each other.
For any dog owner, having a well trained dog is the key to a healthy relationship. Dog obedience training will strengthen and build the relationship between you and your dog or puppy. Proper obedience training is needed so your dog knows what is expected of him or her, and what they can expect from you. It is through this training that your dog will learn the laws of the house and their boundaries. And maybe most importantly, your dog will learn through obedience training the behaviors that are never expectable, such as excessive barking, chewing, nipping, rough play and mouthing.
If you have had dogs before, you know all too well that a poorly trained dog is not desirable to have around the house. You can come home and find things chewed up, or a little puddle of pee on the floor waiting for you to clean up. Your puppy or dog does not do these things to be mean to you. They just don’t know any better. That is why obedience training is the foundation for building the behaviors that you expect your animal to follow. Pet parents that don’t train their animals properly are many times more likely to have their pet end up in a shelter or possibly even end up dead.
Dog obedience training is necessary to keep your dog or puppy safe. If they start to run in the road, you expect them to stop and come to you when called. A well trained dog will follow your orders, while a poorly trained dog will not listen to you. If you have kids, it is critical to train your dog to behave correctly around them. Obedience training is also necessary to teach your dog to behave around other dogs. If you have other dogs or cats in the house, proper dog or puppy obedience training is critical.
Dog obedience training will end your dog's bad behaviors.
If you are new to dog training, or just want to maximize your training effectiveness, we really recommend looking into a professional dog training guide. We have reviewed the best dog training guides available, and really recommend Secrets to Dog Training. This is an amazing guide that will show you many tips and tricks to easily have your dog trained in no time. The best training tip we can offer is to make sure you know the proper techniques when beginning training, and a dog training guide is a great way to get all the best information.
Along with potty training and leash training, some of the basic dog obedience training commands you will want your dog to master are:
- Go to your spot
- Leave it
Dog Obedience Training Tips:
- The ideal time to start training is when a puppy is about 6 weeks old
- Praise and reward your dog when he does what is asked immediately after he does it
- Provide appropriate corrective actions to your dog or puppy immediately after he does something wrong
- Use a happy, friendly voice for commands such as come and heel
- Use a lower, firmer voice for stay, down, and sit
- Never hit or swat at your animal when they mess up, as this will only teach them to be afraid of you
- Your dog can sense your emotions, so make sure you go into the dog obedience training with a positive attitude
- 15 minutes at a time is the appropriate time for training for simple commands
- Choose a quiet spot free of distractions for your training sessions, such as the back yard
- Work only on one command at a time, and make sure your dog has this command mastered before moving on to the next command
- Test the commands in different situations and with different distractions to make sure the dog really understands
- Never try to correct a behavior you did not catch in the act, as this will do more harm than good
- Try to incorporate dog training as part of the daily routine, such as having your dog follow a command before you feed him or her
- Be patient while training, despite how frustrating it can become
- Obedience training is a time where you and your pet learn each other’s personalities, and you will be creating the bond that will last a lifetime
If you find you just don’t have the knack for dog and puppy obedience training, or have a dog that is particularly hard to train, there are many classes you can take your dog to and let an expert train them. I personally feel it is best to train the dog yourself, in his home. I encourage anyone have problems training their dog to first read a good dog training book such as Secrets to Dog Training before sending your dog off to someone else for training.
Remember, dog training can be fun. Spending time with your dog and creating that special relationship is the reason you got your dog in the first place, so really enjoy this time. Dog obedience training can be fun.
Cats purr at the same frequency as an idling diesel engine, about 26 cycles per second.